viernes, 17 de febrero de 2012

Pizza Dough

I am back!
Lately I have gone through some changes and because of work issues I havent had enough time for the blog. But now I am back, and as a prove of my commitment today I am sharing one of my most used recipes. 



Most of my research passion spent in the kitchen has gone to this recipe: for years I have researched how to obtain the best pizza dough, and I have tried almost every recipe on the foodie-blogosphere: I have substituted natural water for sparkling, beer, cold water or boiling water; I have tried several kinds of flour, and combinations of them, and even combining them with semolina; I have altered the resting processes in every possible way I found (although I am still doubtful about the double resting). The only variant I still have to try is using the sourdough starter, but I’ll leave that for my next holidays.
Guys, we need to concentrate now, this recipe is not hard, but we need to put some dettermination.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 500 g of white flour.
  • One teaspoon of salt.
  • Yiest (a dice of the fresh one if we want “tall” pizza, or 15 g of the dry one if we want thin and crispy pizza).
  • One teaspoon of dark sugar.
  • 2 spoons of olive oil.
  • 350ml of lukewarm water.

PREPARATION:
  1. Build a volcano with the flour. In the core, locate the yiest, the sugar and the olive oil. In the valleys, add the salt.
  2. Add the lukewarm water in the core of the volvano and mix with the yiest. The yiest will start reacting with the warm water and the sugar will also help in the levitating function.
TRICK: this piece of advise wil make your dough much more special: add to the dough some finely chopped green olives.
  1. Work the dough for a few minutes: the more you work it, the more the starch in the flour will break and the better it will taste. If you notive that the dough is layered, add more water; if instead still sticks to youy hands, add more flour.
  2. Let the douch rest in a bowl covered with a wet towel and in a warm environment (over the heater, close to a sunny window, or close to any heat source) for at least one hour.
  3. After this resting time, you can extend the dough. It will be easier for you if you cover the working surface and your rolling pin with flour. Try to obtain the thinnest dough you can.
Bon Profit.
 
 

1 comentario: