viernes, 23 de septiembre de 2011

Penne alla Elvirotas

Doesn't it happen to you that certain flavours remind you of certain people? And I am not talking of your vampiric fantasies... To me, the combination of jamon serrano (spanish cured ham and not italian prosciutto) with blue cheese reminds me of Granada, but specifically, to my friend Elvirotas!


As Alfonso would say, use a good quality ham would be a splurge and an insult to the ham, but I am telling you that sometimes it is worthed, and this is one of them. If you have some leftovers from a whole ham leg, or some slices, not enough for a good sandwich, take advantage and cook this dish.

INGREDIENTS:

  • 100 g of blue cheese.
  • Some dices of spanish cured ham Jamón Serrano.
  • 100 ml of heavy cream.

PREPARATION
  1. In a non-stickable pan, sautee the ham without any oil at high heat.
  2. When the ham is brown, add the blue cheese.
  3. After a couple of minutes, add the cream and lower the heat to medium.
  4. Your sauce is ready, combine it with any short pasta of your taste. My recommendation penne rigate or tortiglioni.

Bon profit!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario