viernes, 18 de marzo de 2011

Fusilli ai Broccoli

 The brocoli is one of the hardest vegetables to deal with. I was one of its biggest enemies until I discover this recipe. 

Moreover, the combination of pasta and parmesan make it a very complete dish that I love taking as packed lunch for work. I know, I know... those of you that know me better would be thinking: “But Dani, reheated pasta?” Oh! for God’s sake! yes! The italian part of me hates it, but I love having a good and easy lunch the day after.

INGREDIENTS (for 2 people)
  • 1 brocoli.
  • 200ml of cooking cream.
  • 300g of fusilli.
  • 50g of parmesan cheese.
  • OPTIONAL: 100g of bacon or smoked salmon.
PREPARATION:
  1. Prepare 2 pots with boiling water, one for the pasta and the other for the brocoli. We will only cook the leaves of the broccoli, therefore, it doesnt matter if the logs do not cook. Cook the pasta following the box intructions and taking out two minutes of what is indicated in the package.
  2. After 8-10 minutes, drain the broccoli and give it a good haircut, saving all the “leaves”. Break them appart as much as you can, and sautee in a pan with the cream.
  3. Once the pasta is ready and drained, mix with the broccoli and the parmesan cheese.
  4. In case you want to add some protain, choose between the bacon or the smoked salmon, they both work!.
Bon Profit!

1 comentario: